Entry fee: $55
Registration: December 1st, 2018- April 5th, 2019
*If you have a piece you feel is appropriate that is not listed please contact us through email in the Contact tab above and the judges will be consulted.
- Entrants for the Collegiate/Open Division must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate, masters, doctoral, performance certificate program, OR be no more that 32 years of age.
Round 1- Preliminary Round (Recorded) – 2 pieces: Any J.S. Bach Prelude or Gigue from the Cello Suites(12 options, you may also choose from the Gigues in the Solo Violin Partitas), and 1 piece from the list. (15-20 minutes max.)
Round 2- Semi-Final Round (Live)- 2 pieces: Any J.S. Bach Prelude or Gigue from the Cello Suites(12 options, you may also choose from the Gigues in the Solo Violin Partitas), and 1 piece from the list. (15-20 minutes max.) (May repeat from recorded round).
Round 3- Final Round- 2 Pieces: Composition Contest Compulsory Solo Work TBA February 1st after all submissions have been reviewed, and one piece of your choice that was not recorded or performed in the semi-final round. (15-20 minutes max.)
PLEASE NOTE: Upon completing the initial registration form you will be sent an e-mail with a link where you may submit your audio recording through April 5th, 2019. Please do NOT delete this e-mail.
The first round requires the submission of an audio recording to be reviewed by the 2019 Audio Judge. Please make sure that your audio recording is of a high quality.
- All files must be submitted in mp3 format through the website
- Splicing of audio clips in strictly prohibited
- Total size of all files must not exceed 100mb
- Name of file should consist only of letters, numbers, and dashes (please, no international characters)
- Please use the name of the piece followed by the first and last name of the composer when you are naming the files!